Mobile phone carrier Verizon Wireless on Wednesday a partnership with renowned singer Jennifer Lopez to revolutionize smartphone shopping and to better capitalize on the Hispanic market in the U. S.
Verizon Wireless joined forces with Viva Movil, a new shopping tool created by Lopez with Latino consumers in mind.
Speaking at the company's CTIA 2013 media event yesterday, Lopez said, "This new company is here to revolutionize the entire mobile experience for Latinos."
Verizon Wireless has recently announced that the Droid Bionic handset being sold by the carrier is being, finally, updated to the Android OS 4.0.4 `Ice Cream Sandwich' (ICS) version; with the update coming more than a year after the handset's launch.
The Android ICS update for the Droid Bionic will bring on to the handset a few noteworthy features, like a new user interface, an enhanced camera, Android Beam, and Face Unlock.
Coming down forcefully on Verizon Wireless' practice of stone-walling third-party Android and iOS apps which enable users to "tether" without requiring additional service subscription, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) said that Verizon has not been adhering to the Net Neutrality rules on its 700 MHz spectrum.
With the spectrum which operates Verizon's high-speed 4G LTE network coming under the FCC scanner, the wireless provider will have to overturn its current policy of blocking wireless tethering without any additional charge to its smart devices.
The largest US mobile phone operator Verizon Wireless has reportedly plans to introduce a promotional data plan for $15 a month starting October 28.
A person close to Verizon Wireless informed on the condition of anonymity that the carrier was stepping towards tired data pricing bandwagon. The source added that the carrier would allow customers to subscribe to a $15 a month data plan that would offer smartphone subscribers 150MB od data.
If a customer on Verizon's $15 plan crosses the limit, he/she would have to pay another $15 to enjoy the same amount of data again.
Apple aims to release an iPhone that could be sold by Verizon Wireless, reports, The Wall Street Journal.
The report further came up on the Journal's website citing unnamed "people briefed by Apple," the new model would be akin to the present iPhone 4, but shall have a chip made by San Diego-based Qualcomm and will be in sync with CDMA wireless technology used by Verizon.
Earlier AT&T was the exclusive iPhone carrier since the iPhone concept was introduced in 2007.
On Sunday, Cellphone giant Verizon Wireless said that it would reimburse over $50 million to around 15 million customers, across the nation. These customers were wrongly charged for usage of data or Internet access that they never ordered.
The Company issued a statement and said that e majority of the users will get a refund of $2 to $6, while some customers will receive bigger amounts.
The credits on monthly bills will be given to present customers and the previous users will receive online checques. The customers, who will get the refund, will be informed in October and November.
After an unusual pre-sales publicity campaign, which was aimed at the technology maniacs, the Droid X smartphone will ship on Thursday. About three promotions have heralded Droid X sales. An edgy TV ad has been launched by Verizon Wireless and Motorola for the $200 Android device, which is a close-up of a human eye that turns robotic with a metallic lens that opens up to disclose a red pupil.
Verizon Wireless has reported that it has experienced a fall in first quarter income. The earnings have dropped by 75% due to a charge associated with health care. The losses have also been attributed to a fall in customers who are no longer indulging in signing long term contracts.
It has been reported that the chief basis of revenue for the company comes from post paid customers. The company has experienced a fall in earnings as there was a decline in the number of post paid customers during this span.
The negotiation going on between Vodafone and Verizon Communications over the future of Verizon Wireless is getting stronger with the passage of time.
Verizon Communications has stopped the mobile operator from making dividend payments since 2005, so that it can pay the debt. It owns 55% of Verizon Wireless. Vodafone, which is the owner of the other 45% of Verizon Wireless, is trying hard to secure the restoration of the dividends, but in vain.
Though, it contributes no cash, Verizon Wireless produces about 30% of the UK group’s earnings.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn