Even though, As the World Turns will be drawing to a close soon, its impressive star cast and their performances still captivate a lot of viewers. This was confirmed after the serial managed to pick three out of four top acting awards.
At the 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, which were held on Sunday night, As the World Turns managed to pick up three awards.
Michael Park received the award for Best Actor in Drama Category, Maura West received the award for Best Actress in Drama Category, and Julie Pinson received the award for Best Supporting Actress. The Best Supporting Actor award was won by Billy Miller. He plays the role of Billy in The Young and the Restless.
Michael Park was very happy with his award and thanked everyone for their support and hard work. He pointed that he loved working for As the World Turns and he admitted that the shooting for the show has already ended. The last episode of the show will be shown in September.
The show was not nominated in the outstanding drama category and that award went to The Bold and the Beautiful for the second straight year.
Ellen DeGeneres got the award for Best Talk Show host for The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study