Jobcentre Plus, British Government's popular employment service, has been launched as a mobile phone application to allow jobseeker to find out jobs on their mobile phones.
The app, which is free to download on iPhones and Android Smartphones, allows jobseekers to enter their location and type of job and see where vacancies are available.
Speaking on the topic, employment minister Jim Knight said, “Now people have access to our vacancies and that's just the start as we develop the app so it will automatically push out notifications to people of new vacancies in their area.”
Mr. Knight also said that he was committed to bringing people online.
The employment minister added that the Government was planning to open 50 Jobcentres to help jobseekers search for jobs.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis