A new and simplified version of the service for mobile phones will be launched by the social networking site Facebook soon. It will offer totally text based application. It has removed many of the popular features, such as photo sharing, and it aims to bring more mobile users onto the site.
Due to its simplified nature, it will cost nothing on mobile data services. It has been called Facebook Zero instead of just Facebook. It has launched its Zero version to massively expand its user base. It would work with the basic SMS/Text service, only. Even if people don't have an internet access, it will persuade a bigger portion of the world population to connect to Facebook.
"Facebook need to bring in as many similar features that grab and maintain their audiences as they can, because although convenient to the social utility, if it's not interesting and sticky, audiences may migrate to where it is", said Tim Gibbon, co-founder of the Social Media Portal.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study