Samsung's request for increasing the length of the highly-anticipated Samsung-Apple trial has been turned down by Judge Lucy Koh of the U. S. District Court for the Northern District of California, in San Jose.
While Judge Koh had earlier told Apple and Samsung - the two tech bigwigs fighting a lawsuit involving smartphone and tablet PC patents - that they would be allowed a maximum of 25 hours for presenting their respective patent-infringement arguments and could show no more than 125 exhibits, Samsung had made a request which would have increased the length of the trial by two times.
Requesting for more time in court, Samsung filed a motion on Monday, urging the court to double the time for presenting arguments, as well as increase the number of exhibits per side to up to 400, with no limit on the number of witnesses that could be called.
Samsung said that it was seeking more time in court because of the fact that the complexity of the lawsuit had increased after Judge Koh's earlier consolidation of two cases - the original lawsuit filed by Apple against Samsung; and Samsung's countersuit filed against Apple.
However, noting that the consolidation of the two cases had been done so that Samsung would not initially have to respond to Apple's charges on an entirely defensive basis, a seemingly frustrated Judge Koh told Samsung that the consolidation implied that she had actually "bent over backwards" so that Samsung could have "an affirmative case."
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn