On Monday night the Toronto Drug Services Squad executed a search warrant and raided a building on 88 Corporate Drive, near Scarborough Town Centre. They seized 2,674 cannabis plants. The horde is approximated to have a street value of $2.6 million.
In addition to the plants, police also discovered a collection of hydroponic equipment. All of the items were discovered in a maintenance area, located above the boiler room on the roof.
Three people were arrested during the raid. Mark Thomas Fortin, 54, Jeremy Tavener, 35 and Elizabeth Herczeg, 48, have all been charged with producing marijuana and possessing marijuana for the purpose of trafficking. Mr. Fortin was the building superintendent, and the other two were security guards in the building.
The three appeared in court at Old City Hall on Wednesday morning.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study