Geelong Hospital is now dealing some serious issues like bed backlogs. There has been a hike in the patient numbers in this winter and it is expected to go up further.
So it has created concern for the hospital authorities as the queue for hospital bed is getting stretched day by day. This week the situation was quite critical and it is apprehended to go worse in the coming week. However, the hospital authorities have also issues their confirmation on this issue.
They have said on last Sunday that the hospital is now dealing with low winter funding. They have also assured that the emergency winter funding will be utilized to provide extra beds from 1st of July. It has been reported that number of ambulances were waiting over an hour at the emergency department.
But due to the shortage of beds they could not unload the patients on time. Geelong paramedic has accepted the fact saying that all on-duty ambulances were waiting outside the emergency department and the patients were waiting for the stretchers and beds on Tuesday night.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn