Measuring blood cholesterol is a simple and straight process, which is, giving a blood sample and testing it in the relating device.
Getting it checked from a GP is a good option. A GP would take blood sample, for which, he will make use of a needle or a syringe or simply by pricking the finger tip.
The procedure is really quick and painless, and the blood is used to determine the present amount of bad cholesterol or LDL.
The blood test to determine the cholesterol level can be undergone by anyone, and especially referred for the ones, who may have been diagnosed with coronary heart disease, have had stroke or mild stroke or even have leg artery disease.
If a person belongs to a family with history of cardiovascular disease, such as, if cousins or parents have suffered heart attack or stroke prior reaching the age of 55, then the person must seek GP’s help and get tested at the earliest.
A person may have cholesterol-related condition that is also identified as FH.
Other reasons to get oneself tested are if a person is obese, or suffering from diabetes, or any other form of medical condition, then periodical cholesterol test is almost mandatory.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study