A word of warning has been issued by a leading virus specialist who is urging health powers all through the world to keep their eyes wide open since even though the most recent swine flu epidemic was fading away, yet the bird flu could trigger another round of flu pandemic across the globe.
An officer from the World Health Organization tried to defend the U.N.’s health unit since it had been accused of wasting the Government’s funds and in turn, the claims on swine flu outbreak left pharma firms rich with a lot of money.
While speaking to journalists on the sidelines of a conference that was held to discuss influenza, Robert Webster, a Researcher from Hong Kong, said that being satisfied with existing setting of the flu was not right.
Webster, Chairman of the Virology and Molecular Biology Department at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, said that people might feel that it was time to relax since influenza did not intimidate any more, however, that does not seem to be true.
He claims that the subsequent epidemic could stem from a virus that spreads from water rooster to pigs, and then ultimately onto the human species.
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm
- Women in their 40s without children have increased in number to double
- GMC survey discovers trainee doctors get bullied
- Search for hips, knees and cataract operations