This time again A&W is not leaving any stone unturned to collect donations to fight against multiple sclerosis through the MS Society of Canada.
A&W is welcoming all those who are coming to their 2nd annual Cruising for the cause to fundraise for supporting the MS Society of Canada.
The fundraising event has its roots in Cruising the Dub events, which are being held throughout the summer, at locations of A&W, where the people enjoy beer with good music.
All 710 A&W restaurants in Canada will be contributing 1 dollar from the every teen burger sale today to the MS Society.
In addition to their sales contribution, various A&W restaurants will be hosting various events such as classic car rallies, car hop relay races, A&W Root Beer chugging contests and more.
Last year A&W donated more than $400, 000 to MS Society of Canada and is hoping to double it this time.
President and CEO of A&W Food Services, Paul Hollands will be starting off the event at 8 am at the Kitchener location on 933 Victoria Street North.
More than 55,000 Canadians are suffering from MS with three more being diagnosed every day. This disorder is incurable and effects vision, hearing, memory, balance and mobility.
The MS Society has been founded in 1948 with the aim for supporting research on this disease and helping those suffering from it.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study