The Australian Medical Association’s WA branch is of the stance that the Government should ensure that doctors are not loaded with extra work while they try to meet the ‘four hour rule’ demand.
The AMA has been reported by a lot of health workers saying that young doctors were consuming energy drinks and popping caffeine pill so as to remain awake whilst they managed working during odd hours.
The association is in discussion with the Health Department so that the serious matter can be discussed.
David Mountain, the state President, is of the say that if doctors continue to do this, the safety of patients will be intimidated. So, the WA Government should provide extra backing in order to address the problem.
He said that it could clearly be seen that a few shift, which doctors were doing, demanded a lot of time and were also laborious.
With the new four hour rule, it is necessary to ensure that adequate staff members are there with right funding preparations.
Health Minister, Kim Hames said that he would carry out inspections into the claims that certain workers have made.
He said learning the doctors were taking help of something like this to remain awake was quite astonishing.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism