The video game industry has not yet achieved success but it is gradually stepping back into competition of gaming world.
A revenue of $846.5 million was posted by the industry in the month of July, which was 1% less for the same month as compared to last year.
This year's sales have decreased by 8% as compared to last year but still improved by 1% consecutively from June.
The sales of Hardware increased by 12% to $313.8 million and new slimmed-down Xbox 360 from Microsoft has largely contributed in the improved sales.
The Xbox 360 was considered to be the top-selling console with 443,500 sales, and it was the first time when it attained No. 1 position since September 2007.
Sales of software decreased by 8% to $403.3 million. The top title was given to NCAA Football 11, which sold 692,000 units on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
While handheld gaming and traditional console is still on the downside, PC gaming had a good time in July as sales have increased with the release of blockbuster Starcraft II, whose 721,000 copies were sold. Sales of both PC games and traditional video game were increased up to 4% over last year.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism